Washington County C&D Landfill
The Washington County C&D Landfill only accepts construction and demolition waste from Washington County. No out of county waste is accepted.
Construction and Demolition waste is defined as (K.S.A. 65-3402) Solid waste resulting from the construction, remodeling, repair and demolition of structures, roads, sidewalks and utilities.
All loads are weighed. Current rate information can be found by calling the office during normal business hours. Materials accepted in the construction and demolition landfill area:
- Untreated wood and sawdust.
- Motor vehicle window glass.
- Bricks, concrete other masonry materials.
- Roofing material, wood products, wall or floor coverings, plaster, drywall, plumbing fixtures.
- Electrical wiring, electrical components containing no hazardous materials.
- Non-asbestos insulation and construction related packaging.
- Wood Pallets.
- Floor tiles, siding and roofing material containing non-friable asbestos* (please contact the Solid Waste Department beforehand).
- Treated wood from demolition projects.
- Mobile home and trailers (except the tires and fuel tanks)
*This material should be handled so it remains non-friable (e.g. may have to be manually removed proper to demolition of structure); transported wet (covered with a mist spray to suppress dust) or transported with trap cover; and covered immediately at the landfill.