Home > Departments > Sheriff > Reports/Request


Motor Vehicle Request

  • A copy of your driving record may be obtained during office hours. There is a $10.00 fee for this service.
  • This request can only be done for people holding Kansas Driver’s Licenses.

VIN Inspections

Motor vehicle title inspections are necessary when licensing a vehicle in Kansas which has an out-of-state title. To arrange for a VIN inspection of your vehicle, contact the Washington County Sheriff’s Office at 785-325-2293.

Inspections are conducted at the Sheriff’s Office Monday Through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. excluding legal holidays. Please call before you come so the dispatcher can verify an officer is available to conduct your inspection. You will need to bring the vehicle, the title and a $20.00 fee.
Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) Inspections are required in Kansas if: A vehicle has a title from a state other than Kansas or from a foreign county; A vehicle has been assembled, reconstructed, reconstituted or restored from one or more vehicles; or The proper identification number of a vehicle is in doubt.
You will need to contact the Kansas Highway Patrol at 785-827-3065 for a vehicle that has been assembled, reconstructed, re-constituted or restored from one or more vehicles; or the proper identification number of a vehicle is in doubt.

Offense Report

A copy of an offense or incident report may be obtained for a $10.00 fee. The report may be requested in person during office hours at the sheriff’s office or by a written request to:

Washington County Sheriff’s Office
301 B Street, Washington, KS 66968


Physical Address

Contact Info