Home > Departments > Treasurer > Tax Information

Tax Information

Tax Collection

  • Tax statements are mailed in early November of each year.
  • Taxpayers have the option of paying the full or first half amount by December 20.
  • The last half is due by May 10 of the following year.
  • There are no second half tax statements mailed.

For inquiries on tax payments contact the Washington County Treasurer at 785-325 2461 or Toll Free at 888-955-2974 FREE.

Parcel and Tax searches are now linked through the State of Kansas.
Tax Search, below, is slow to load, please wait.

Tax Search
Parcel Search
New Vehicle Property Tax Lookup

Real Estate Tax

If a first half or full tax is unpaid as of December 21. Then interest becomes due and payable. After May 10, the full amount plus interest is due.

Personal Property Tax

After December 20 the full amount of personal property taxes are due plus interest.  Full unpaid personal property taxes are sent to the Sheriff for collection in March.  If the first half taxes are paid in December, the second half is due May 10.  Second half unpaid personal property taxes are sent to the Sheriff for collection in June.

Delinquent Tax

Delinquent real estate taxes that are not paid within three years are referred to the Washington County Attorney for foreclosure action, thus putting the property in jeopardy of being sold at public auction.  Details of Tax Foreclosure Sales may be obtained by requesting information from the Washington County Treasurer’s Office.

Publication of Delinquent Real Estate Tax

Real Estate taxes that are unpaid August 1 of the current year are published in the official county newspaper (designated by the Board of County Commissioners) for 3 consecutive weeks in August in accordance with the provisions of K.S.A. 79-2301 to 79-2323a. The taxes become delinquent the first Tuesday of September of that year.

Publication of Delinquent Personal Property Tax

Prior to current tax year are published in compliance with K.S.A. 19-547 for three consecutive weeks in October in the official county newspaper (designated by the Board of County Commissioners).

Tax Roll Corrections

All tax bill corrections are issued by the Washington County Appraiser.  The County Treasurer’s office receives this information and issues a corrected real estate or personal property tax statement.  Reductions will be reflected on the second half payment if taxes are not paid in full.  Fully paid taxes with a reduction will create an overage resulting in a refund.

Protesting Taxes

A tax may be protested if you have not met with the County Appraiser in regard to the valuation of your property for the current tax year.  Protest forms are available from the County Treasurer’s office or a form can be printed from the Kansas Board of Tax Appeals web site: Board of Tax Appeal


Physical Address

Contact Info